Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hello, I'm back

I haven't posted much lately because 1) We've been on the road a good bit and 2) I have not been myself lately. I mean, since I quit in the middle of 24/9 mile almost two weeks ago, I've been TIRED. Little appetite, kind of depressed-like, a little grouchy, TIRED, and pretty much didn't feel like riding. I thought maybe I had West-Nile from all the mosquitos in WI and FL last week, maybe Mono (but then I wouldn't be able to ride at all...). I was getting more depressed because I didn't know why I was so tired and why all my rides were bad despite taking almost a whole week off the bike!!

Finally, today, I took my beloved Kona Unit 2-9 to Ellijay with a local rider girl, Justine. It has been one of my goals to ride all 3 sections of the Pinhoti in Ellijay on the SS, and today I did just that. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! I made sure to eat and drink a ton and it was one of my best rides ever...I felt strong, fast, and climbed better than ever up there, despite the months of flat-lander training for 9 mile. What a day! (I really really hope my new Niner flat bar gets here soon though. Riding up there with a puny 24" bar was tough).

I think I'm going to send my 26" out to San Fran to stay with my sister so I can have a bike out there when I go visit. Either that or let Eddie use the parts off of it to build this. I'm pretty happy to singlespeed anything and everything around here right about now :) The best part is that I get to go back this Sunday!! Might as well live it up while I'm on vacation, school starts in less than 2 weeks...........

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Musto said...

OK, first we wear the same shirt and sandals...now the same illnesses? That's too funny. I've been driving everyone around here crazy because I've been convinced that I had them too. Maybe even both of them together :-)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home