Friday, July 03, 2009

Long weekend: Day 1

The Fool's Gold 50/100 preride today was awesome. I only wanted to ride 4 hours (see post a few back about temporary retirement from endurance racing..) so didn't get to ride the whole 50 miles. However, it was an excellent day. The No-Tell and Black Branch trails are pretty rutted and rooty as always, but the Turner Creek area was super buff and fast. The Rotwild R.R2 hardtail really surprised me today. I have really liked it on everything so far, but I had my doubts about the rooty/rough Bull Mt. area trails. It rode so smooth, though! I think I will probably race it for the Fool's Gold 50. The XTR parts arrived today, so the bike is about to get even lighter...sub 20 lb. maybe?? We'll see. Fitness-wise, I felt pretty good. I was able to hammer a little bit just to test things out, but didn't want to go crazy as I have three more long days of riding ahead of me. I probably will not race the XC this weekend as I couldn't get an answer on whether the women's race was going to get shortened from the 30-mile distance or not. I left the camera at home today, but I'll share any good pics I come across of the course and/or today's ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home